- Serves 4
- For the Khaman
- 1 & 3/4 Cup Besan
- 2 Tbsp Rava/Suji
- 1.5 Tsp Green Chilli and Ginger Paste
- 4 Tsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tsp Eno
- Salt, To Taste
- For the Tempering and Garnish
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2-3 Green Chilies, Split
- 1 Tsp White Sesame Seeds
- Pinch of Hing/ Asafetida
- 1/3 Cup Grated Coconut, To Garnish
- 1 Tbsp Sugar + 1/3 Cup Water, To Garnish
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves, Chopped
Prep: 7 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- For the Khaman – Prepare a plate with some oil for the steamer for the dhokla. Let the water in the steamer come to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile take all the ingredients of the dhokla except eno and make a lump free smooth batter by adding some water.
- Right before putting the batter in the steamer add eno and whisk it nicely until incorporated. Transfer the batter immediately to the greased plate.
- Let it steam with the lid on for 15-17 mins or until cooked. Take the plate out from the stove and let it cool for 2-3 mins.
- For the Tempering – take the sugar- water mix and lightly splash it on the dhokla. Take a small pan on medium flame and pour oil.
- Once hot add mustard seeds and wait till it splutters. Add hing, curry leaves, green chilli and sesame seeds and let it cook for 20-30 secs.
- Pour this tempering on the dhokla. Garnish with coriander and coconut. Cut the dhokla and serve immediately.