- 1 Kg Chicken
- 750-800 Gms Cooked Rice (Basmati)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder (Everest Kashmirilal Powder)
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder (for homemade garam masala, mix the spices, chilli powder and fried onions and garlic)
- 1 Tbsp Biryani Masala Powder (Everest)
- 1 Tbsp Haldi Powder
- 3/4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice or Curd
- 4-5 Onions (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Oil or 1¼ Tbsp. Ghee (Sweekar Oil/Govardhan Ghee)
- For Raita
- 4 Onions
- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 Carrots
- Coriander Leaves
- 150 Gms Roasted Groundnut Powder
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- Salt to Taste (Tata)
- For Garnish
- Coriander and Mint Leaves
- Cucumber and Carrot (as per availability)
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 60 minutes
- Firstly, take 750-800 grams of rice and cook the same.
- Clean the chicken. Then in a bowl, add the chicken, haldi powder, salt, some ginger-garlic paste and lemon. Keep it aside for marination.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the marinated chicken for 15-20 minutes. Once cooked, keep it aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon sticks and onions. Sautee!
- Once the onions turn brown, add garam masala, biryani masala, red chilli powder and the remaining ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Now add the cooked chicken into the pan and cover the lid. Let it for about 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and garnish it with mint and coriander leaves. Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani is ready to eat.
- For the raita – in a serving bowl, add curd, roasted groundnut powder, finely chopped onions, carrots, cucumbers and coriander leaves. Mix and add salt as per taste.