- For the Kebabs
- 750 gms Jackfruit (Raw)
- 2 Onions (Big)
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 5 Green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 Tbsp Besan/Gram flour
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Coriander-Cumin (Dhania-Jeera) Powder
- 1 Tbsp Fennel (Saunf) Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mango (Amchoor) Powder
- Salt – to taste
- For the Dip
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Mint leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Cumin (Jeera) powder
- 1 Tsp Chat Masala
- Salt – to taste
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- For the kebabs – Grease your palms and knife with oil.
- Wash the raw jackfruit and cut them into small cubes and place them in water with a little salt so the jackfruit does not change colour due to oxidation.
- Boil water with little salt and turmeric. After the water has boiled well, add the jackfruit and cook until soft. You can alternatively pressure cook the jackfruit for 5-6 whistles.
- Once the jackfruit is cooked, strain the water and allow it to cool down completely.
- In a bowl, add the jackfruit and mince them well. You can also use a masher/churn it in a mixer for quick mince.
- To the minced jackfruit, add onions, coriander, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger, gram flour, garam masala, Coriander-Cumin powder, Fennel powder, Dry Mango powder and salt as required.
- Mix them all well and keep them in the fridge to marinate for 45mins to an hour.
- Now remove the mix and start shaping them in balls and press them flat in between your palms to give them the shape of a Kebab.
- Heat oil in a pan and start frying the Kebabs and remove them once they turn golden brown.
- Serve the hot Kebabs with some onion slices, lemon wedges and chilled Curd-Coriander dip.
- For the Dip – In a mixer, blend coriander, mint leaves, green chillies and grind to a paste. Now take curd in a bowl and add the ground paste.
- Now add Chat masala, jeera powder and salt and mix them all well. Serve chilled with hot kebab.