- Serves 10
- For the Fresh Cottage Cheese/Chhana
- 2 Litres Full Fat Milk
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3- 4 Tbsp Water
- For the Preparation
- 1 Cup Prepared Cottage Cheese/Chhana
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Nestle Milkmaid
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- For the Coating
- 1/4 Cup Nestle Milk Powder
- For the Garnish
- Few Chopped Pistachios for Garnish
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Bring milk to a boil and add the mixture of lemon juice and water to the milk after removing it from the flame.
- Drain the liquid using a cheesecloth and squeeze out any excess liquid from the prepared chhana.
- Take around half of the chhana, add sugar and knead it well. The mixture would be soft and sugar would have dissolved by now. The process will take about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the kneaded mixture to a non-stick pan and cook for about 4 -5 minutes on low heat.
- Now add the condensed milk and cook for another 5 – 8 minutes until the water released due to the added sugar has evaporated.
- Mix the cooked mixture with the uncooked chhana using hands and knead well till soft.
- Portion the mixture and roll into small spherical balls.
- Coat the balls well with milk powder and garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Note – One may choose to purchase freshly bought cottage cheese from the market instead of preparing chhana at home. Secondly, one may also coat the sweets with khoya/mawa instead of milk powder.