- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 5-6 Mirchis (Green Bullhorn Chillies/Bhavnagri Mirchi)
- 11 Cups Besan
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 11/2 Tsp Ova/Ajwain
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- For pre-prep, slit the mirchis and sprinkle salt in and on the all the mirchis. Keep it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- For kanda bhajiya – in a bowl, add ¾ cup besan, ¼ cup water, turmeric, chilli powder, ova/ajwain, salt as per taste and mix properly. Now add onions and mix the batter. Keep it aside for 4-5 minutes.
- For mirchi bhajiya – in a bowl, add ¾ cup besan, ¼ cup water, turmeric, chilli powder, ova/ajwain, salt as per taste and mix properly. Dip the mirchis in the batter and coat well so that the paste goes right inside the mirchis.
- Now heat the oil to fry the bhajjis (keep the gas on the medium flame when frying)
- Use a spoon to drop the kanda bhajji batter in the oil to deep fry. Once done, drop mirchis coated with batter in the oil.
- Fry till golden brown texture for crisp bhajjis.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or shengdana chutney.