- Besan/Gram Flour – 1 Cup (Normal Grocery Store Flour)
- 1 Cup or More – Coriander Leaves Finely Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Semolina
- 2 Tbsp Ground Peanut (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Oil – (Fortune Sunflower Oil)
- 1 Tsp Mustard and Cumin Seeds
- Pinch Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Chilli Paste (Homemade)
- Pinch Carom Seeds-Ajwain (Optional)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
- In a bowl combine coriander leaves, gram flour, semolina, peanut powder, salt, red chilli and turmeric powder, ajwain and ginger-garlic paste.
- Add water little by little and make a pancake/Chilla consistency batter.
- Heat very little oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds.
- Once they pop add tempering in a batter. Mix well and leave it 5 minutes. Add baking soda and whisk vigorously.
- Heat a waffle machine.
- With a brush apply little oil on both waffles plate. (This is optional, as my waffle machine is non-stick it doesn’t require brushing of oil). Pour the batter into the waffle plates.
- Let the waffles cook for at least 4-5 minutes or until nicely golden.
- Remove it from the waffle maker. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
- For a variation, you can use garlic and red chilli chutney or coconut chutney.