- 1 Cup Daliya (Broken Wheat)
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Makai/Whole (Maize Atta)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Grind daliya to a sooji grain size in a mixer for few seconds, if you prefer a finer cake texture (I used coarsely ground daliya).
- Combine daliya, sugar, salt, oil, yoghurt and milk till the sugar dissolves.
- Keep aside for half-hour to soften the wheat.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degree Celsius.
- After half an hour, add maize flour, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and juice. Combine well.
- Pour into a greased six-inch pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till firm and a nice crust on top.
- Allow cooling before removing from pan or cutting.