- For the masala – 8 Red Chillies
- 1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 2 Teaspoon Methi Seeds
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 Inch Ginger (chopped)
- 1 Cup Water
- 500 Gram Chicken (with bones)
- 4 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 70 Gram Onions (cut in slices)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves (if fresh then better)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar or Jaggary
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoon Curd
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric, curd and salt.
- Dry roast the spices in a pan. Add the garlic, ginger and water and grind it in a paste (I like to keep my masala in the refrigerator for a couple of hours).
- In a deep pan add ghee, put onions and fry it till its golden brown.
- Add the grounded masala and stir until it leaves oil.
- Add chicken with the marinade and turn up the heat. Coat the chicken pieces properly with the masala and cook for 8 – 9 minutes.
- Season to taste. Lower the heat and cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the gravy has thickened, add jaggery, curry leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with neer dosa or rice.
Serve hot with Neer Dosa or Rice.