- Leftover Khichdi or Rice
- Wheat Flour (atta)
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder (mirchi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- Handful Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Refined Oil
- Ghee (for greasing and cooking)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Mash the khichadi or rice as smooth as you can (using a fork).
- Mix red chili powder, turmeric, carom seeds, cumin seeds, salt to taste and a good amount of finely chopped fresh green coriander.
- Now add enough wheat flour till you can make a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Knead with 1 tablespoon oil and your dough is ready.
- Take small portions and make dough balls.
- On a rolling pin (or a flat surface), roll the dough ball into thin a chapati (flatbread) and cook both sides using little ghee.
- Enjoy them with pickle, chutney or curd.