- For The Mushrooms
- 120g Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- For The Sandwich Ensemble
- 2 Slices of Bread Per Sandwich
- Plenty Of Potato Wafers
- Garlic Butter
- 1 Thinly Sliced Onion Soaked in Balsamic Vinegar, Salt And Pepper.
Prep: 20 minute
Cooking: 40 minutes
- For the mushroom sauce, thinly slice mushrooms. In a frying pan, add butter, once hot, add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add wine and cook till it is reduced.
- Add cream and stock, simmer and let the sauce thicken.
- Season with salt & pepper, let it cool. This can be cooked ahead and stored.
- Butter the outer side of the breads.
- Layer the bread in this order – Potato wafers, Mushroom sauce, Onions, More wafers.
- Grill to perfection and savor.