- 500 gms In-Bone Mutton Pieces
- 200 gms Kaari Masala* (Recipe In Next Post)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Tsp Green Chilli Paste
- 2 Star Anise + 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 5½ Cups Medium-Consistency Coconut Milk (Dissolve 2 Sachets Of @Maggiindia Coconut Powder In 5 Cups Warm Water)
- 2 Tbsp Thick Tamarind Pulp
- Salt, To Taste
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Marinate the mutton with ginger-garlic paste, green chilli, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt. Keep aside for an hour.
- Add 2 glasses water to the mutton and pressure cook to 4 whistles or until mutton is tender.
- Heat 5 tbsp oil. Add the kaari masala, star anise, bay leaves and roast on low flame for 5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to boil. Add the mutton with its stock. Adjust salt and simmer on low flame for 10 minutes. Then add the tamarind pulp. Give it another boil.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a tempering vessel. Add the red chilli powder and quickly add it to the kaari. Simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with khameer roti and white rice garnished with fried onions and coriander.