- 500g Mutton (Curry Cut)
- 3 Medium Size Onions, Sliced Thinly
- 1.5-Inch Piece Ginger
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves
- 2-3 Green Chillies (Depending on Your Requirement – We Like It Spicy)
- 1-Inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 3-4 Green Cardamoms
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala Powder (KEYA Shahi Garam Masala)
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
- Salt As Per Taste
- 2 Small Size Tomatoes, Cut into Chunks (Deseeded If Possible)
- 2 Large Knol Kols (Turnips) Peeled &Cut into Equal Size (Big) Quarters Or 6 Pieces
- For Finishing the Curry –
- 1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Fresh Coriander Leaves And Green Chillies
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- Add ginger, garlic & green chillies to a blender. Coarsely blend and set aside. (GGG paste)
- Heat oil, add sliced onions. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the meat, whole spices & GGG paste & fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add spice powders and salt along with few Tbsp of hot water. Let the meat & base masala cook uncovered on medium heat for 10-15 mins so the spices get a chance to cook out and release their oils.
- Add tomatoes & stir to incorporate. Then add about 1.5 cups boiling water. Cover and cook for 5/6 whistles on medium heat (basically meat should be cooked about 70-80 percent).
- Release pressure. Add turnip cubes, 1/2 cup extra water (taste gravy and adjust seasoning) Cook for 2 whistles (5 mins tops).
- Finally, release pressure and add 1/4 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp lemon juice on top.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves, green chillies and serve with lemon wedges on the side. Enjoy.