- Makes 12
- 1 ½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder I Prefer Aluminum Free
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and Cooled
- 2 Large Eggs at Room Temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries Fresh
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin tray with paper liners, then coat the liners with some oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients to the well, then carefully stir with a wooden spoon, just until blended.
- Gently toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour, then fold them into the batter. (This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.)
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre, comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- If you like you can increase the quantity of the blueberries to 1 cup.