- 1 Cup Chick-Peas (boiled)
- 6 Cups Rice (pre-cooked)
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum (long-chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Onion (long-chopped)
- 1/2 Cup French Beans (finely chopped)
- 1 Cup Mushroom (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp Pesto Paste
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli-Ginger Paste
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- Fried Garlic/Birista/Cheese (for garnishing – I would prefer the first two)
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- For pre-prep, soak chickpeas overnight and boil them softly in a pressure cooker with some salt and keep aside. Cook the rice in excess water and drain. Let the rice cool in a flat, broad sieve. Make the pesto in advance over the weekend.
- Take 2 tbsp of the pesto and mix it in 1 cup of lukewarm milk. Let the flavours infuse while you prep the other stuff.
- Finely julienne chop the veggies.
- In a wok or a deep pan, heat some and fry the onions on low flame. Sprinkle some salt.
- After a minute, add the french beans and carrots. Let them cook with the onions till they are crunchy soft.
- Once the french beans are cooked, add the chilli-ginger paste, capsicum and mushrooms. Sauté continuously on a high flame for a minute (you do not want to really soften the capsicum but just enough till the mushrooms to start sweating).
- Now lower the flame and add 2 tbsps of the pesto, some pepper, oregano, salt and the chickpeas. Give it a nice mix.
- Next, add the rice and drizzle the milk evenly on it. Toss the rice well.