- Serves 8
- For the Salad
- 8 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Large Crisp Red Apple, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
- For the Almonds
- 1 Cup Almonds, Slivered
- 1 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Honey
- For the Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Medium Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Combine spinach and apple slices.
- For the dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover tightly and shake well.
- To prepare the almonds, combine slivered almonds, olive oil and honey. Line a pan with foil and place honeyed almonds. The oven should be pre-heated and bake the almonds until they are golden brown. Stir and redistribute if needed. Let the almonds cool.
- To serve, drizzle 1/4 cup of the dressing over the salad. Top with pomegranates and almonds. Toss before serving. Keep extra dressing at the table if needed.
About – A Kilo Of Kindness
#AKiloOfKindness is an initiative by From Around that aims at encouraging people to shop on www.21organic.com leading up to Diwali to raise funds for a child’s education. 100% of profits will go towards St. Catherine’s Home to help secure a child’s future. This time when you cook your favourite meal, you’d have changed someone’s world.