- 2-3 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Rajma (kidney beans)
- 1/2 Cup Potato (boiled and peeled)
- 1/2 Cup Maida or Oats Powder
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 Tbsp Ginger & Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Oil
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 35 minutes
- For pre-prep, soak rajma for 2 hours.
- Transfer the soaked rajma to a cooker and add salt and water. Pressure cook it for 5-6 whistles or until rajma is cooked well.
- Drain off the water from and let the rajma cool completely.
- In a bowl put cooked rajma, boiled potatoes, maida or oats powder, cornflour, ginger, chillies, coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt to taste, coriander leaves and oil. Mash and mix everything well.
- Grease your hands with oil. Take a small ball of mixture and make tikkis.
- In a pan or on tawa, shallow fry them.