- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- Grated Beetroot Water (For Pink Colour)
- Salt to Taste
- Water as Required
- For the Sweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 – 3 Cups Coconut Milk
- Jaggery As Per Sweetness
- Cardamom Powder Optional
- 6 – 7 Saffron Strands
Prep: 10 minutes
Refrigeration: 50 minutes
- To make the ukad (dough) with rice flour, boil 1 cup water (I have used grated beetroot, strain it with water, have used that water to make the ukad) with a little salt, then add the rice flour.
- Mix it properly to form a soft dough kind of consistency. You can adjust the water quantity. Once the ukad is done, transfer the dough in a plate and let it cool for some time, divide it into equal portions and roll it into balls.
- Now boil water in another utensil, when water starts boiling add the rolled ball and let it simmer.
- Once these rice flour balls are cooked, they will rise to the top. Take the shev maker, put these cooked rice balls and press it to make the shirvale (rice noodles) and they are ready to eat with sweet coconut milk.
- For the sweetened coconut milk – In 1 cup of coconut milk, add jaggery as per sweetness, cardamom powder and saffron strands. Mix everything properly. And sweet coconut milk is ready to eat with shirvale.