- For A 6-Inch Cake (At Room Temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Jaggery
- 3 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Mawa (I Used Homemade from Milk Powder)
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Essence/Kewra Essence
- 1/2 Cup Fine Sooji (Semolina/Rawa)
- 1/2 Cup Makai Atta Or Corn Atta
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Pistachios Chopped for Garnish
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 330-degree F.
- Cream butter and powdered jaggery well till fluffy.
- Add crumbled mawa and beat well.
- Add in yoghurt, essence and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients in 2 batches alternating with the milk.
- Add a spoon or two of milk if the batter is too stiff. Sooji absorbs the liquid, so allow the mix to rest for a few. minutes. Once again mix well, add a little milk if required. The batter will be thick and heavy.
- Grease a 6-inch tin. Transfer the batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 mins till firm and skewer comes out clean
- Optional-Serve warm with chilled rabdi and chopped nuts.