- 5 Large Tomato
- 20 Pods Garlic (peeled)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Tsp Tomato Ketchup (Kissan)
- 1 Cup Milk (Amul Full Cream)
- 1/2 Cup Cream (Amul)
- 50 gms Butter (Amul)
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour/Wheat Flour
- 1 Litre Veg/Chicken Stock
- 2 Tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Clean and chop the onions, celery, carrot, garlic and tomatoes.
- Once done, add all trimming, bay leaf, cloves, peppercorn and peels in a stockpot.
- Take a handi for soup and heat half of the butter. Add half of the chopped garlic and sauté well till brown.
- Then add all the chopped vegetables and sauté for a while.
- Grind the sautéed vegetables and strain the paste for a smooth soup-like texture.
- Now put the remaining butter in a pan, add flour and make a roux. Then add milk, salt and pepper (grounded) and let it cook it for a while.
- Next, add the paste, stock and cream to the soup handi. Let it simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Now add sugar and freshly crushed pepper. Let it simmer till the raw taste of the tomatoes goes away.
- Adjust the salt and pepper, and serve hot along with croutons and a dollop of cream.
- Note – Use the trimming of the vegetables for stock-making, add all in a stockpot, double the water and simmer it for 30 minutes. Use chicken curry cuts for chicken stock.