- For the Dry Mix
- 1 Cup Sooji/Rawa/Semolina
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 1+1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 3 Tbsp Crushed Edible Rose Petals
- For the Wet Mix
- 50 ml Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 12-15 Saffron Strands, Crushed
- 3 Tbsp Rose Water
- 1/2 Cup Yoghurt
- 1 Tsp Yellow Food Colour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- For the Glaze
- 2 Tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 Tbsp Rose Water
- 2 Drops of Pink Food Colour
Prep: 15 minutes
Baking: 60 minutes
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under ‘dry mix’ EXCEPT the baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients listed under ‘wet mix’ and whisk it well to form a smooth batter.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix in batches and combine well. Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a medium-sized bundt pan/ loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Add the baking powder to the batter and combine once more. DO NOT overmix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55-60 minutes at 180°C until the top has browned.
- Cool COMPLETELY. Run a knife through the edges and around the centre a couple of times and then demould.
- To make the rose glaze, whisk all the listed ingredients together.
- Garnish the cake with rose petals and almond-pistachio slivers. Serve!