- 10–12 Frozen Phyllo Pastry Sheets, Thawed
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar for Dusting
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 400°F. Butter an 8″-diameter or 8×8″ baking dish.
- Place phyllo on a surface; cover with a barely damp kitchen towel. Working with 1 sheet, brush melted butter over 1 side. Carefully scrunch up to bring long sides together to make a rope, then wrap into a coil.
- Try not to smash pastry down; you want to keep it tall and somewhat loose. Place in centre of prepared pan. Repeat with remaining phyllo and butter, placing coils around the one in the centre.
- Bake until pastry is golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and granulated sugar in a large bowl to combine. Pour custard over pastry and bake until custard is set, 20–30 minutes.
- Serve pie warm or at room temperature, dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon powder.