- For the Filling
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- 30 g Unsalted Butter (Amul)
- 90 ml Orange Juice (Real)
- 40 ml Rum of Your Choice (I Had Used Bacardi White)
- For the Cake
- 60 gm Cake Flour
- 1 gm Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 gm Cinnamon Powder
- 0.5 gm Ginger Powder
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 2 gm Orange Zest
- 57 gm Unsalted Butter
- 70 gm Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- For the Decoration
- 1 Cup Whipped Cream
- Citrus Fruits Like Orange, Kiwi, Grapes
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
- Raisins should be soaked overnight for best results.
- In a pan, boil orange juice over medium heat, add but and let melt.
- Take it off the heat and add Rum. Pour this mixture over the raisins. Cover and leave it overnight.
- Preheat the microwave oven (Convection Mode) at 180 degrees.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and keep aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar until creamy, add the egg (if using more than one eggs, then add one egg at a time) and beat the mixture until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients (do not whisk after adding the flour). Add the soaked raisins along with the liquid and mix well.
- Bake the batter at 180 degrees for 40-45mins until done.
- Whisk the whipped cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- Once the cake cools down, decorate it with whipped cream add citrus fruits as you desire.