- 1 Onion (diced)
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (optional)
- 5-6 Cherry Tomatoes (or 2 regular tomatoes)
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1 Tbsp Siracha (sprigs)
- 3 Whole Eggs
- Feta Cheese (for garnishing)
- Basil Leaves (chopped for garnishing)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a pan to sauté the onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, sriracha and season with salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup hot water and let it simmer.
- When it reaches a sauce-like consistency, using a spoon make a well in the sauce and crack an egg in it. Do the same for each egg.
- Cover with lid and let it simmer until the whites are cooked (approximately 2-3 minutes on low flame).
- Garnish with feta cheese and basil. Serve with bread.