- 5 Each Of Almonds, Cashews And Pistachios
- 3 Dates
- 500 Ml Whole Milk (Nandini)
- 40 G Vermicelli
- 1 Tsp Ghee (Nandini)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar – As Per Taste
- 5 Pods As Cardamom Powder
- Chironji Seeds Or Any Other Dry Fruits Can Also Be Added
Prep: 2 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Chop some dry fruits – almonds, pistachios, cashews and dates.
- Boil 500 ml Milk and reduce it till it becomes medium thick, for around 10 minutes on medium flame. Now add some Saffron (optional).
- Add 1 tsp Ghee in a pan and lightly roast the chopped dry fruits for a minute. After that, add vermicelli and lightly roast them together. Once done, add them to the boiling milk.
- Add some sugar and cardamom powder and lightly mix well for a minute. Turn off the gas.
- Add 1 tbsp mawa and allow it to cool down.
- Garnish Sheer Khurma with dry fruits and rose petals.
- To make Mawa at home: Take 2 tbsp ghee in a Nonstick pan and add 1/2 cup of milk on medium flame. Once it starts boiling, gently add ¾ cup milk powder in small portions.
- Mix well and stir till it reduces to becomes a semi thick paste.
- Cool it down. Mawa is now ready.