- For the Tempura Batter
- 2 Cups Tempura Flour
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Cup Corn Flour
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 Cup Ice Cold Water
- 1 Cup Sticky Rice/Normal Rice
- 1 Packet/200 Gms Button Mushrooms
- For the Sauce
- 2 Tsp Garlic (sliced)
- 2 Tsp Green/Red Chilli (minced)
- 1 Cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 Cup Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Fermented Chilli Paste
- 1 Cup Veg/Chicken Stock
- 2 Tsp Cane Sugar/Honey
- To Taste Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Wipe the mushrooms with a clean cloth (do not wash them), remove the stems and cut them into halves.
- Mix all the dry ingredients make a thick batter. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry the mushrooms and keep aside.
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes. Once done, cook the rice (make it a little sticky).
- In a kadhai, heat 2 tbsp oil, fry garlic, add minced chilli, onions, green onions and sauté it for a while.
- Next, add fermented chilli paste, dark soya sauce, vinegar, honey or cane sugar (jaggery).
- Lastly, add the chicken or veg stock and let it simmer for at least 10 minutes. Then add fried mushrooms, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Finish it with green onions and a tsp. of sesame oil.