- 1 Bowl Sprouted Moong
- 1/2 Bowl Oats
- 1 Medium-size Onion
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder/Eno Fruit Salt
- Fresh Coriander
- Salt to Taste
Prep: 30 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Blend the sprouted moong in a mixer.
- Chop onion, green chillies, garlic and coriander. Do not over chop, it should be roughly crushed.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the crushed ingredients and oats. Use a little water to adjust the consistency and season with salt as per taste. The batter should be thick. Keep it aside for half an hour.
- After half an hour, add 1 teaspoon baking powder or Eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Heat the Appe pan on low flame and add oil. Then pour the mixture and cover. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the base turns golden brown, flip it over to cook the other side.
- Crispy Appe is ready to serve with tomato ketchup.