- Serves – 2/3
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Oil (Replace with Any Choice of Oil)
- 1 Small Bowl Soaked Urad Dal (Without Skin Preferable)
- 1-2 Green Chillies/ Red Dry Chillies
- Small Onion Chopped
- Small Piece of Ginger (To Grind with The Urad Dal)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- Salt as Per Taste
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Grind the soaked Urad Dal into a fine paste with a piece of ginger and 1 green chilly.
- Now divide the dal paste into two parts- one to make pakoras and one for gravy.
- Add some salt and Asafoetida in the dal paste for pakoras; deep fry 10-12 small pakoras (as many as you can do with the dal paste) and keep it aside.
- Now take some oil in a separate pan and add jeera, turmeric, 1 green chilli, chopped onions. Fry onions till golden brown.
- Once the onions are brown add the other portion of whisked dal portion in the pan, keep adding water till the consistency you need for a curry and keep mixing it to avoid lumps.
- After one boil, cook it in a low flame for about 15min till the raw small of dal goes away.
- Now add salt to taste to the curry and add the pakoras, boil it for another 5 min and close the flame.