- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Kg Basmati Long Rice
- 5 Onions – Finely Sliced
- 4 Tomatoes – Finely Chopped
- 2 Carrot – Peeled and Finely Chopped
- 2 Capsicum – Finely Chopped
- 2 Potatoes – Medium Cut
- 15 French Beans – Julienne Cut
- 200 gms Green Peas – Approx
- 1 Beetroot – Finely Chopped
- 4 Slit Green Chillies
- 150 gms Paneer
- 3 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Oil and Ghee as Per Your Likings
- Whole Garam Masala – 4 Cloves, 4 Elachi, 2 Tej Patta, 4 Black Pepper, 1 Star Phool, Small Dalchini
- 2 Tbsp Jeera
- 1 Tbsp Amchur Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
- 4 Tbsp Biryani Masala (Everest)
- 2 Tbsp Dhaniya Powder
- Red Chili Powder as Per Your Taste
- Cashews – Divided 1 By 2 Approximately 15
- Fresh Coriander – For Garnishing
Prep: 60 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- Wash and soak Basmati rice for half an hour.
- Boil approximately 1.5-litre water add 1 spoon oil, Jeera and all whole garam masala into it.
- Let it boil then add rice and cook rice till 70% done. Drain off excess water.
- In a kadhai heat oil add chopped onions and green chillies, fry till golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste, cook well, add tomatoes, cook till little mushy. Add all green vegetables, salt, turmeric, red chilly powder, Dhaniya powder, amchur powder, biryani masala and little water. Cover and cook till vegetables are soft and perfectly cooked.
- Once cooked properly, add little ghee into vegetables and place a layer of cooked Basmati rice over it.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and fried cashews on top.
- Dum and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with raita.