- For Veg Rice
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice (Daavat)
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 – 4 Garlic Pods (Chopped)
- 1/2 Inch Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Carrot (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Capsicum (Chopped)
- 1 Cup French Beans (Chopped)
- 1 Cup Corn (Boiled)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Schezwan Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to Taste
- For Cheesy White Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter (Amul)
- 2 Tsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Cup Milk
- 3 Cheese Slice (Britannia)
- Mixed Herbs
Prep: 20 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- For veg rice – Take a saucepan, add 5-6 cups of water,1/2 tsp oil and some salt. Let it boil. Now add rice and cook it on medium flame till it is 90% cooked. Strain and give it a quick cold water wash and keep it aside.
- Take a Kadai, add oil and let it heat.
- Add chopped onion, saute for a minute on high flame. Add crushed garlic and ginger. Cook till the raw smell of garlic goes away and the onion turns translucent.
- Now add all the veggies and cook on high flame for 6-7 minutes by continuously stirring it.
- Add tomato ketchup, schezwan sauce, black pepper, garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the cooked rice and mix it very well. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes on low flame till your rice is cooked properly.
- For the cheesy white sauce – Take a saucepan, add butter in it and let it heat.
- Add maida and keep on whisking so that no lumps are formed. Cook this mixture till it turns pale yellow.
- Now add milk and keep on whisking the mixture continuously so that no lumps are formed. Let it come to a boil.
- Now add cheese slices and whisk it till all the cheese melts and gets properly incorporated.
- Garnish it with some mixed herbs.
- Finally, take a bowl to add your prepared rice to it and on the top of that add the cheesy white sauce on one side and serve hot.