- 250 – 300 gms Penne Pasta
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1.5 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cups Mixed Bell Peppers, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives
- 4 – 5 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour/ Maida
- 2 Cups Milk, Room Temperature
- 3 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Grated Cheese (I Used Cheddar and Processed Cheese)
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cream
- 10 – 12 Basil Leaves, Roughly Chopped
- Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- In a pot cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve the water and keep both aside.
- In a pan take butter on low flame. Add maida and toast it lightly.
- Add the milk and continuously stir it to avoid forming lumps. Let the mix come to a boil.
- Add in salt, black pepper, 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp chilli flakes, sugar, grated cheese and fresh cream and let it come to a boil. Once done remove and keep aside.
- Now in a pan add olive oil. Add garlic and red chili flakes and saute it. Add in all the veggies except olives and saute on medium flame.
- Add in 2 – 3 tbsp of the pasta water along with oregano and chopped basil and saute until veggies are crunchy yet cooked.
- Now add in the white sauce and pasta and toss until everything is well combined. Adjust the seasonings and serve immediately.