- 1/2 Cups Wholewheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Raw Unrefined Sugar
- 2 Free Range Eggs (Use Applesauce / Curd – 1/2 Cup If You Want to Make It Eggless)
- 1/4 Cup Cold-Pressed Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Strawberry Compote (And A Few Spoons to Put on Top)
- 1 Tsp Orange Peel Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 165 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder 3-4 times.
- Whisk the wet ingredients – oil, eggs and milk with sugar.
- Add the orange peel powder to the sugar-wet ingredients mix.
- Add the sifted flour slowly in 2-3 batches.
- Fold it slowly, do not overbeat or over-mix.
- Add the 1 tbsp of strawberry compote in the batter and whisk lightly.
- Transfer to a baking pan.
- Add small spoonful of the compote over the top.
- Bake at same temperature for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Cool off and then slice.