- Cup Size – 250 Ml
- 1 Cup Wholewheat Flour (Flour X from TWF Flours)
- 1/2 Cup Flax Meal
- 1/2 Cup Leftover Tomato Basil Soup (You Can Use Anything – Spinach Puree, Tomato or Pumpkin Puree Too)
- 1 Tsp Active Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 Tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Paprika, Salt – As Per Flavor Preference
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
Prep: 15 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- Take the warm soup in a glass bowl and add the coconut sugar and stir well.
- Add the yeast, mix lightly and allow the mixture to rest for 10-12 minutes until it starts bubbling and the yeast is activated.
- Dry roast the flax seeds for a few seconds until they start popping. Cool off and dry grind coarsely.
- Take the flour and flax meal and add the salt and paprika. Whisk nicely.
- Add the yeast mixture slowly into the flour and start kneading. Add the warm water if needed, to make the dough.
- Add the butter and continue to knead for about 12-15 minutes, to form a soft dough.
- Place this in a greased container and cover the container with wet cloth. Keep it aside for proofing for 2 hours.
- Once the dough has become double in size, punch the dough and knead for a couple of minutes more.
- Shape into buns and place onto a greased baking tin.
- Brush the top slightly with oil and press some chopped basil leaves onto it gently but firmly.
- Leave to rest for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C, for 10 minutes.
- Place the buns into the oven and allow to bake for 30 minutes.