- For the Masala (Roast and Grind)
- 1/2 Tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3-4 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 Medium Onion, Quartered
- 3 – 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil (Fortune)
- For the Gravy
- 250 gms Medium Prawns (Licious)
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric (Eastern)
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder (mdh)
- 2 Tsp Tata Salt, Adjust According to Taste
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 200 ml Coconut Milk (Dabur Homemade)
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil (Fortune)
- Freshly Ground Paste
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Clean the prawns and marinate them in turmeric, red chilli powder and salt. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan & add the whole spices and sauté for a min. When the aromatics are fragrant, add the onions and garlic cloves. Let it cook till the onion & garlic are slightly seared on the outside. Let it cool and blend into a smooth paste.
- Now, heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Add the ground paste and sauté for 5 mins. Then add the prawns and cook for a minute.
- Add coconut milk, salt and water as required. Let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Finally, add the tamarind pulp and mix well. Simmer for another 2 mins and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with some steamed rice or neer dosa.